PTC India Ltd.
The leading provider of power trading solutions in India, was established in the year 1999 as a Government of India initiated Public-Private Partnership, whose primary focus is to develop a commercially vibrant power market in the country.
PTC is the pioneer in implementing the power trading concept in India and has successfully demonstrated its efficacy in optimally utilizing the existing infrastructure within the country to the benefit of all.
PTC has maintained No. 1 position in electricity trading since sustained trading began in 2000-01. It seeks to provide holistic services in the power trading market, including intermediation for long-term supply of power from identified domestic IPPs and cross-border power projects, financial services like providing equity and debt support to projects in the energy value chain through its subsidiary PTC India Financial Services (www.ptcfinancial.com), fuel intermediation/ aggregation for cross-border power plants through PTC Energy Ltd. and advisory services among others. PTC has grown from strength to strength, surpassing all expectations of growth and has evolved into a Rs. 2400 Crore company in this short period of time with a client base covering all the state utilities of the country as well as some power utilities in the neighbouring countries.
PTC today is not just the leading power trader in the country, but also the co-promoter of 1st National Power Exchange in the country besides diversifying into the unique role of a Complete Energy Solutions Provider.
To be a frontrunner in power trading by developing a vibrant power market and striving to correct market distortions
- Promote Power Trading to optimally utilize the existing resources
- Develop power market for market based investments into the Indian Power Sector
- Incentivize development of Power Projects by providing services on a holistic basis
- Promote exchange of power with neighbouring countries
- The Customer is Always Right
- Encouraging Individual Initiative
- Continuous Learning
Source: PTC Website
Are you a member of Power Sector..! The article you are trying to view is accessible to registered users of Power Sector community. If you are a registered user, please login using your account details, or create new account to become a registered user.
As a registered user you get the following benefits -
- Access to Power Sector knowledgebase that is updated on daily basis
- Access to daily news and articles related to power sector
- Access to various forums and discussions
- Daily newsletters letters delivered directly to your inbox
- Special offers and discounts on various power sector conferences held across the country
- One year limited free access to premium content such as tenders
- Special discounts on market research reports
Grow your network through our extensive social networking community. Follow us on
To know about advertising options and other available promotional activities that Power Sector can help your company, please contact us.