Reliance Energy Trading Limited
Energy Trading is one of the most crucial activities in ensuring the reliable electricity supply and achieving economy. It acts as a balancing mechanism between the surplus power generating units and deficit power needing entities as also replacement of high cost power by low cost power. The responsibility of playing the role of a bridge between these two bounds has been taken up by Reliance Energy Trading Limited, subsidiary company of Reliance Infrastructure limited. The company has been operating in power trading in India since June, 2005. It is trading the surplus power available from State Power Utilities, State Generating Companies, Independent Power Producers, Captive Power Plants and other such sources, including the power exchanges.
Ignited by the flames of liberalization, privatization and globalization, power trading has become a multi-billion dollar business throughout the world. Power Trading in India will lead to optimization of cost of power, optimum utilization of resources, creating enhanced value for customers. Keeping the very fact into consideration, Government of India recognized trading as an activity through the Electricity Act, 2003.
Taking the opportunity created by the Electricity Act, Reliance Infrastructure Limited formed a new Company in the name of “Reliance Energy Trading Private Limited”, for the purpose of trading of electricity. It was incorporated on July 17, 2003. The Company was reconstituted from Private Limited Company to Public Limited Company with effect from July 6, 2004 and renamed as “ Reliance Energy Trading Limited “.
As per the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission's regulations, Reliance Energy Trading Limited holds category-I (highest category) trading Licence issued by the Hon'ble Commission, valid for 25 Years i.e. up to June 29, 2029. The company has trading licence of category I with freedom to trade any volume of power.
Philosophy of Reliance Energy Trading Ltd.
Excellence Beyond the Usual
Achievements are a testimony to the company's mission of attaining excellence in infrastructure. The following ideas form the cornerstone of endeavor to realize goal:
Provide one stop solution to all requirements of power trading
- To achieve excellence in service, quality, reliability, safety and customer care.
- To earn the trust and confidence of all customers and stakeholders, exceeding their expectations and make the company a respected household name.
- To work with vigor, dedication and innovation with total customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- To consistently achieve high growth with the highest levels of productivity.
- To be a technology driven, efficient and financially sound organization.
- To be a responsible corporate citizen nurturing human values and concern for society, the environment and above all people.
- To promote a work culture that fosters individual growth, team spirit and creativity to overcome challenges and attain goals.
- To encourage ideas, talent and value systems.
- To uphold the guiding principles of trust, integrity and transparency in all aspects of interactions and dealings.
- Transparency - To maintain highest standards of transparency in all aspects of interactions and dealings.
- Disclosures – To ensure timely dissemination of all price sensitive information and matters of interest to stakeholders.
- Empowerment and accountability – To demonstrate the highest levels of personal accountability and to ensure that employees consistently puruse excellence in everything they do.
- Compliances – To comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to the Company.
- Ethical Conduct – To conduct the affairs of the Company in an ethical manner.
- Stakeholders interest – To promote the interests of all stakeholders including customers, shareholders, employes, lenders, vendors and the community.
Are you a member of Power Sector..! The article you are trying to view is accessible to registered users of Power Sector community. If you are a registered user, please login using your account details, or create new account to become a registered user.
As a registered user you get the following benefits -
- Access to Power Sector knowledgebase that is updated on daily basis
- Access to daily news and articles related to power sector
- Access to various forums and discussions
- Daily newsletters letters delivered directly to your inbox
- Special offers and discounts on various power sector conferences held across the country
- One year limited free access to premium content such as tenders
- Special discounts on market research reports
Grow your network through our extensive social networking community. Follow us on
To know about advertising options and other available promotional activities that Power Sector can help your company, please contact us.